You may be familiar with the South Bend Wednesday Wine Walks, but the upcoming October event has a twist. It’s Oktoberfest, so instead of wine you’ll be sampling some of the best local beer the region has to offer. This event will be held on Wednesday, October 10th, 2012 and it begins at 5 pm featuring ten participating locations.
For those of you unfamiliar with this event, there are a handful of downtown South Bend restaurants participating and for $40 ($10 of which gets donated to Breast Health Programs at United Health Services) you get a wrist band that allows you to stroll through downtown to each restaurant and enjoy beer samples with appetizers between 5 and 9 pm. Choose any of the participating restaurants to start at and then take your time hitting as many or as few other locations as you want. In addition, during these walks there will also be free carriage rides. Strolling from restaurant to restaurant sampling some of the best beer and food the area has to offer is a fantastic way to spend an autumn evening.
Here is a list of participating locations and the breweries they are highlighting:
- Café Navarre - Bell’s Brewery (Kalamazoo, MI)
- East Bank Emporium - Upland Brewing Co. (Bloomington, IN)
- LaSalle Grill/Club LaSalle - Greenbush Brewing Co. (Sawyer, MI)
- South Bend Chocolate Café - Four Horsemen (South Bend, IN)
- Trio’s Restaurant and Jazz Club - Triton Brewing Co. (Indianapolis, IN)
- Tippecanoe Place Restaurant - Round Barn (Baroda, MI)
- The Vine - New Holland Brewing Co. (Holland, MI)
- Sunny Italy Cafe - Flat 12 Bierworks (Indianapolis, IN)
- Fiddler’s Hearth - Dark Horse (Marshall, MI)
- City-Wide Liquors - Bare Hands Brewery (Granger, IN)